Would you like HM Revenue & Customs to be the biggest single beneficiary of your estate when you die?
Sadly, without the right advice and careful financial planning, that is what could happen. Inheritance Tax affects the majority of people nowadays. We will happily assess your situation and ensure you have the right plan in place to mitigate Inheritance Tax, ensuring your family get what they are entitled to. Contact us for a no-obligation review.
There are a number of IHT planning steps you can take:
- Ensure your Will is written and planned correctly
- Transfer assets through the prudent use of lifetime gifts
- Create a tax-efficient fund to enable the beneficiaries of an estate to meet the tax liability without eroding the family wealth
Under IHT legislation, pensions can play a considerable role in estate planning:
- Death benefits under modern pension plans are broadly exempt from IHT although a liability to periodic and exit charges can arise in a limited number of circumstances
- Adequate retirement income with spouse or civil partner and dependents’ pensions may release capital for lifetime gifting
Harrison Hinchliffe Financial Services are provided by Capstone Financial Management Ltd who are a Partner Practice of St. James’s Place Wealth Management plc (which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority). Capstone Financial Management Ltd is registered in England & Wales No. 09225559. Registered Office: Manor House 35 St. Thomas’s Road Chorley England PR7 1HP.